It is a gray day here in Texas. So, I thought I would get on with writing challenge #2.
Today’s topic: 15 Facts about Yourself.
- I was born and raised in Texas.
- I have lived in Madisonville, Houston, South Arlington, North Arlington, Rowlett, Plano, Royse City, Garland and Lavon. Yes, all in Texas!
- When I was 14 years old, I would literally spend the summer at Six Flags Over Texas everyday. My friends and I would watch one of their shows ( Hot Rocking Country) ALL DAY LONG! I am pretty sure we could of perform that show ourselves!
- In 8th grade I tried out for my middle school basketball team. On the 2nd day of tryouts my coach came to me at lunch and told me that because I was repeating 8th grade ( completely different school and different district, was passing all my classes) I was no longer allowed to try out for the basketball team. ( She later came to me and apologized and said she was wrong, but I never tried out for another sport).
- In 9th grade I did JV Drill Team. Only “sport” I really ever did and only because I didn’t have to “try out.” I loved it. I loved learning new dance routines and the fun my friends and I had. (Sharing our team picture. I blurred everyone else out for privacy!)
- Looking back at it now, I have no idea how I graduated. Isn’t that a bad thing to say! I hated school. Like with a passion. Math was my worst subject. Sometimes can still be. I never understood all the adding letters and numbers together. Also, taking a foreign language was so “stupid” to me when I was in school. True story: I had a Spanish teacher who when giving test ( you know those fun scantron ones) would wait about 10 minutes for me to “try” and then come over and hand me the answer key. Looking back I am like “Oh my goodness, she could of been fired.” I could also still be taking Spanish class. I never studied for test. Well, maybe my Senior year I did, but it was only for English class and it was only because my “boyfriend” at the time wanted to study and that just meant time with him. I still graduated though. Class of “03! Looking back, I think if I had the options to learn things that interested me, I would of done a whole lot better. I am so glad to be able to give my son that option! (blurred out my siblings)
- Speaking of siblings, I have 3. I have an older sister, a younger ( yet, much taller) brother, and a younger sister.
- I hate wearing makeup. I do not wear makeup unless we are going somewhere I feel like it is needed. Or a date with the hubs. He does ask me to wear it sometimes, but most of the time I try not to. I hate the way it feels on my face. ( Photo taken: January 2016)
- I do however, color my hair. I started coloring my hair right before I graduated high school. I used to be blonde. Growing up I had blonde hair. I started dyeing it dark and haven’t gone back. The above photo actually shows my natural color on top and what I had it dyed. That was 2 years of not coloring my hair. Just recently, I colored it again for the 1st time in 2 years. Back to a reddish color.
- I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl. You will hardly ever find me in a dress. I don’t mind them, I just won’t buy them. I also love me some sweat pants and a tank top. During the summer you can find me in comfy shorts and either a t-shirt or tank top. I like to be comfortable. I am not looking to be some kind of trend setter or follower.
- I am an Introvert. I get very nervous when I have to go to a social event and meet new people. I am not good at introducing myself and making conversation. However, if someone was to come up to me and start a conversation I would be more than happy to participate and get to know that person. If we are in a large group of people and I am sitting quietly, I am listening and taking everything in. I am just trying to decide if we can be friends or not. 😉 You can order this awesome and oh so true shirt: HERE
- I hate coloring. There I said it. All these new adult coloring books I see around the stores and online stress me out! I mean, I do not have the patience for coloring books. Worrying about coloring in the lines is not for me. I mean I was the kid who colored the sky green and the grass blue with a pink and purple frog just to be different when made to color as a kid.
- I used to want to be a teacher. I mean, technically, for a few years I was. I taught 3’s and Pre-K. I loved my 3’s. Such a fun age. Full of questions and wanting to learn. My Pre-K kids were just as amazing. I do, sometimes, miss working in a classroom, but I love the fact that I am able to stay home and teach my own child and watch him learn and grow everyday. It is truly a blessing to be apart of his education.
- I have really bad anxiety in the car. I was in a car wreck one summer and have had issues ever since. I remember being turned around in our seats ( back before seat belts were truly enforced!) in the back seat watching the parachute ride at Six Flags going up and down. The driver was on the phone with my mom trying to get directions to where we were going. I remember turning around and being thrown forward. A truck hit us from behind and threw us into another car. Thankfully I just had minor scratches, but since my mom was on the phone with the driver at the time she knew where we were. I remember being in the grass and hearing her shout my name. The driver had to be taken away in an ambulance and myself and the other kids rode with my mom. I still have issues because of that wreck in the car. It may not have to do with the person I am riding with either and their driving. It could just be the cars around us. I notice cars more it seems like. I pay attention to how close that car is following behind us if I need to put on the brakes. It drives my husband crazy when I flinch or catch my breath, but he may not see the car that just cut over 3 lanes behind us and almost hit the car it cut off.
- I am going to be a party downer and say it, ” I do not believe in love at first sight, or soul mates.” Sorry. I just don’t. My husband and I hated each other for the 1st year we knew each other. Yep, a whole year! More on our story though later this month. 😉
This writing challenge was actually harder than I thought it would be. I tried to come up with things that were different than the foods I like or places I have been. But, there ya go.