This writing challenge is brought to you by BOOKS!
I love books! I love the way I feel when I get lost in a book. How I find a book and can connect with the characters. I love the turning of the pages and reading “just one more chapter!”
Seriously, I love books!
And, I am so glad that today’s topic is: Favorite Books.
I am actually going to list out my favorite Children’s Books!
Top 5 favorite Children’s Books:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle- I mean it is the cutest book for children. I used to love reading this book to my class when I taught. We would read this book weekly in my class. I love the vibrant colors and the fun pictures. I love how simple the words are to read and I love how it captures the attention of children.
- I Ain’t Gonna Paint No More by Karen Beaumont- I mean how cute is the title even! i love how fun this book is. As you read along you can guess the word that is coming next! Children love how fun and silly this book is! And the art work in the book is colorful and eye catching!
- What Time Is It Mr. Crocodile? by Judy Sierra- Another wonderful, fun and entertaining book for children. This book is full of exciting rhyming words. As Mr. Crocodile plans his day, you can watch the silly monkey’s ask, ” What Time Is It Mr. Crocodile?” through out the book as he goes about his day. This book will be sure to bring giggles to the children.
- If I Built a Car by Chris Van Dusen- This book won an E.B. White Read Aloud Award. Children will love how silly and exciting this book can be. They will follow along as a young boy describes how he would build a car. A car that has retractable wings, is round and curvy? What about a car that actually smells good as it drives by? Like blueberry muffins? Can you imagine? Your children will be coming up with their own fun ideas for their own car after reading this one!
- Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae & Guy Parker-Rees- We LOVE giraffes in our family so this book is a must have for us! Again, a great rhyming book. Fun colors and pictures to go along with the story. Has a great moral to the story as well! Being told he can’t dance doesn’t stop this giraffe! After learning to listen to the sounds he becomes a great dancer! Great way to teach children to never give up just because someone tells them they can’t.
Ok, so these are just my top 5 favorite children’s books! I have like a whole bunch more, but I am coming up with a special way to share them with you. I am thinking a weekly post on a certain day and showcasing a book a week?!?!
Books are so important to share with your children. It is such a great way to encourage imagination in a child.
” The World Belongs to those Who Read!” -Rick Holland-
Until I write again…